- Run Outlook 2013, allow it to finish loading, then close it - no need to wait for it fully synchronize if you have a large mailbox.
- Open C:\Users\
- Look for files named Stream_Autocomplete
.datand note the latest one (this is the target) and the largest one (this is the source).
- Make a backup copy of both files, I placed mine in C:\temp.
- Go back to C:\Users\
\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache and rename the source file Stream_Autocomplete .da~ by replacing the "t" with a "~". Before you commit the change, highlight the entire name before the period and copy it with Ctrl+C then commit the change.
- Rename your target file by pasting the source file name over the target file name.
- Run Outlook and feel the joy.
Why didn't Microsoft make this an automatic function like they did in prior versions? 0_o