Thursday, August 17, 2006

Who wants encrypted e-mail?

I work with a lot if medical organizations that must comply with HIPAA. All of them have and use e-mail, and they all swear that they're not exchanging personally identifiable protected health information (PHI) via unencrypted e-mail. However, many have been exchanging financial data through this medium.

I know that some of you reading this can think of many instances where it is better that a third party not read your e-mail, either because it contains sensitive financial info or you need to share health information more freely.

How interested are you? Tell me via the comment button below. IThis is very inexpensive, using freely available tools. These same tools make it simple to get going, and even simpler to exchange e-mail in a safe and compliant manner.

If the feedback is positive, I'll devote my next blog entry to a step-by-step how-to.

No comments: