Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Repeatedly Prompts for Credentials

This was on Windows 7 with Outlook 2010.  The user had migrated from Exchange on an SBS 2003 to Exchange on Office365.  My coworker Heather did all the dirty work and eventually came up with this solution:


In order to fix this issue, I deleted the Outlook profile and did the following:

Go to Start> Control Panel> User Accounts, click "Manage your credentials", scroll down to "Generic Credentials" and remove from the vault any that start with "MS.Outlook:"

Delete the auto-discover configuration file and restart the outlook.
C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\xxxxx - Autodiscover.xml

I tried all of these steps minus deleting the outlook profile and it didn’t work for me. However,  I recommend trying it before deleting the profile, to save time if by chance it does work.

No comments: